Senior Software Engineer (Frontend/Angular)
Founded in 2015, Avrios makes mobility work for business. We provide our clients with an intuitive SaaS platform to manage their corporate mobility. With over 750 clients, we are proud to call ourselves one of the fastest growing companies in Switzerland.
At Avrios, you will find an exceptionally committed team that has loads of fun. We call Zürich our home but, with a team of 55 people, featuring over 23 nationalities, we are a group of passionate and humble people from all over the world. Working here means lots of room to take ownership, continuous learning (not just technically) and the joy of seeing the results of your work being used by "real" people.
As a senior software engineer at Avrios you work on a high variety of technical and business related topics from implementing flexible reporting solutions, discussing and improving car sharing workflows and participating in sprint plannings. Our tech stack includes Java (Spring Framework), Hibernate and PostgreSQL bundled into services running on AWS. The frontend is an Angular(JS) app (written in TypeScript) that consumes the REST APIs provided by the backend services.
You'll be part of a talented team of 12 experienced engineers (back- and front-end) working in SCRUM teams, supported by product managers and product designers. There's a great team culture influenced by everyone's passion for programming and good food, strong sense of ownership and healthy scepticism towards bureaucratic processes and redundant meetings.
You work on a high variety of technical and business related topics from implementing great UI/UX to sprint planning.
- Part of a small specialised scrum team. You have your specialisation but are adept to handle a variety of tasks
- You work on a complex SPA with a fast-growing customer base
- Make data-driven decisions, leave gut-feel to the marketeers
- Use the right tool for the job. Decisions from the past are not sacred
A day in the life of a Front-end Engineer:
'This morning I knew I had to check Bugsnag first. A new big feature (whole bunch of smart fleet management reminders) has been released a day before. Some customers have probably already seen an introduction video or tried to use the thing. Surprisingly there weren’t many exceptions logged, and only one seemed to need an urgent fix. Done, pull request approved, cherrypicked, hotfix deployment scheduled. Customer success team is happy today too - users reacted to the first reminders, seemed to enjoy the new functionality and understood the UI really well. Music to frontend developer’s ears :) Some minutes left before sprint planning - don’t forget to add the ticket for that performance improvement our fuel cost visualisation needs.'
- Experience in building and running large, complex and scalable web applications
- Experience with Angular/AngularJS is a plus
- Experience with Typescript is a plus
- You like working on the hard and tricky stuff and say ”Challenge accepted!” way too often
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- You have a Swiss or EU passport (or other permit that allows you to work in Switzerland)
- The freedom to have a big impact on a fast-growing international startup
- A generous education budget
- An incredibly dedicated, intelligent and experienced team
- Lots of fun and insightful activities from regular hackathons to (m/c)ocktail tech demo's
- A great culture that promotes open feedback and a flat hierarchy
- Centrally located offices in the heart of beautiful Zurich