Senior Software Engineer (Backend/Java)
Founded in 2015, Avrios makes mobility work for business. We provide our clients with an intuitive SaaS platform to manage their corporate mobility. With over 750 clients, we are proud to call ourselves one of the fastest growing companies in Switzerland.
At Avrios, you will find an exceptionally committed team that has loads of fun. We call Zürich our home but, with a team of 55 people, featuring over 23 nationalities, we are a group of passionate and humble people from all over the world. Working here means lots of room to take ownership, continuous learning (not just technically) and the joy of seeing the results of your work being used by "real" people.
As a senior software engineer at Avrios you work on a high variety of technical and business related topics from implementing flexible reporting solutions, discussing and improving car sharing workflows and participating in sprint plannings. Our tech stack includes Java (Spring Framework), Hibernate and PostgreSQL bundled into services running on AWS. The frontend is an Angular app (written in TypeScript) that consumes the REST APIs provided by the backend services.
You'll be part of a talented team of 12 experienced engineers (back- and front-end) working in two SCRUM teams, each supported by one product manager. There's a great team culture influenced by everyone's passion for programming and good food, strong sense of ownership and healthy scepticism towards bureaucratic processes and redundant meetings.
- Work on a web application with a fast-growing customer base
- Design and build scalable solutions to automate data entries for our customer base
- Build it in such a way that users actually like using the information we provide them with
- Make data-driven decisions, leave gut-feel to the marketers
- Use the right tool for the job. Decisions from the past are not sacred
- Extensive experience in building and running large, complex and scalable web applications
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Good understanding of Spring
- Experience with Hibernate is a big plus
- A desire to actively participate in shaping our architecture and designing new services
- You like working on the tricky stuff and ”challenge accepted!” is your favourite phrase
- You love working in a customer oriented environment
- A Swiss or EU passport (or other permit that allows you to work in Switzerland)
- A generous education budget
- Flexible hours and home-office policy
- Lots of fun and insightful activities from regular hackathons to (m/c)ocktail tech demo's
- An incredibly dedicated and experienced team
- The freedom to have a big impact on a fast-growing international startup
- A great culture that promotes open feedback and personal development
- Centrally located offices in the heart of beautiful Zurich